Friday, October 25, 2013

1967 Adler J-4

I bought this typeriter from the Red Grand Piano Antique Mall in Tacoma, Washington. (The Red Grand Piano Antique Mall is in the same space as Clinton's Music House)It was serviced recently by Johnny's Office Machines, which was located in the same building, three doors down from the antique mall.

 When I first saw this latch on the internet, I assumed that it was missing several pieces. It turns out that the latch is inside the case, and extended through the case by these tabs.  (Nick Bodemer Collection)
 I think that this is one of the most beautifully simple typewriter designs ever. I also think that these keys were molded in this color--Palmolive (my de-yellowing agent) did not remove the yellowing beyond this.  (Nick Bodemer Collection)
 (Nick Bodemer Collection)
 (Nick Bodemer Collection)
 (Nick Bodemer Collection)
This shop was located in the same building as Clinton's Music House/The Red Grand Piano Antique Mall.  (Nick Bodemer Collection)
A very stylized version of their building. This business card looks like it was first printed in the mid-1050s, when their building was built. 

No comments:

Post a Comment