Sunday, May 31, 2015

Trip to Centralia--5/30-5/31--Part One

These photos are from a trip to Centralia with my dad. They are in no particular order. We stayed at the Olympic Club Hotel--built 1913-ish (restaurant in 1908)
Old posters and photographs fill the hotel and restaurant:
 The restaurant has many folding coat hooks:



 A hint of a surprise for tomorrow:
 Centralia Library

 Cornerstone of old library facade--the original front entrance is now inside the library


 Architectural model of Centralia library expansion, c. 1979
 

 My new 1937 Remington Portable--a birthday gift from my dad:


 A detail of a 1937 Remington portable (see below)
 As you can see, the dealer sticker is as big as my thumb!




 A 1967 Toyota:




 A beautiful 1967 Toyota (old enough to have a Toyopet badge)
 Some shots of the hotel restaurants








 A 1957 Chevy in my favorite shade of brown



 My new 1937 Remington Portable Typewriter--originally sold in Seattle. (Best birthday present ever)
A detail of the table's wrought iron


This woodburning stove, in the restaurant of the Olympic Club Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment