Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Royal Senior Companion After Cleaning

This is identical to my first 1950s Royal Portable. I bought it in 2009 at the Shoreline Goodwill for $6.00. I liked it so much, that I bought my charcoal Quiet Deluxe based on my opinion of this one. In 2010 I donated my first Royal Senior Companion to Value Village. My first Senior Companion had a metal dealer tag from "Warren's Office Equipment, 115 'A' SE Auburn, Wash. Phone TE-3-5070." (I still have the tag.) This one is unmarked, making me think that it came from a department store, or a jeweler. Weisfield's Jewelers was the only local jeweler that sold typewriters. 

This typewriter is mechanically in excellent condition--the body has no chips, scrapes, or other condition issues. I think that this is as close to perfect condition as possible! The only issues with this typewriter was that the keys needed to be cleaned. That was quick and easy with a damp paper towel with dish soap on it. The chrome trim on the case sparkles--I had no idea that the trim by the handle is chrome (I always thought it was supposed to be dull metal) 
 (Nick Bodemer Collection)
 (Nick Bodemer Collection)

No comments:

Post a Comment